Beaconfire RedEngine seeks independent contractors to be part of our marketing team to develop, edit and refine campaign messaging on behalf of progressive nonprofit organizations.
We seek contractors who have the following characteristics and skills to be applied to fundraising, advocacy and online marketing campaigns:
- Interest in collaboration and teamwork on executing campaign-centric messaging
- Flexible work hours and availability for fast turnaround of tasks
- Responsive to and accepting of feedback, direction and guidance the creative team and the client, including the need for iterative review and editing
- Strong commitment to quality and error-free work
- Experience in fundraising, advocacy or related Web based marketing campaigns
- Expertise in developing Web based and campaign focused messaging
- Experience in developing concepts for ad banners including campaign themes and specific messages
- Experience in creating copy for:
- email fundraising appeals
- email newsletters
- messaging for banner or other paid online media ads
- campaign Web site copy preferably for fundraising or advocacy
- storyboards and scripts for interactive and viral marketing pieces
- Ability to develop copy tailored to distinct campaign audiences based upon demographics, previous activity history and nature of relationship between constituent and client organization (e.g. donor or advocacy activity history)
- Ability to position copy in client voice and be sensitive to appropriateness of message based on client's issues
Additionally, ideal candidates may have:
- Experience with or exposure to nonprofit organizations; particularly those involved in advocacy or fundraising
- Proximity to Beaconfire RedEngine's northern Virginia offices (a plus, but not required)
Send a cover letter describing why you believe you would be a good fit for this role along with your resume, compensation requirements and three samples of your work from any of the categories above to:
This is a contract opportunity. Location US, Nationwide.
We help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act.
Our clients include leading organizations such as the Truth Initiative, Ocean Conservancy, Habitat for Humanity, Working America and Human Rights Watch.
Beaconfire RED is a small, privately-held company made up of curious and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community using technology in new and interesting ways, and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire RED, they'll tell you it's the people they work with! Go ahead, ask...