- Do you have experience managing web projects such as website redesigns, marketing campaign activities, or smaller website enhancements?
- Have you ever been called a “client whisperer?”
- Are you jazzed about the idea of working in a fast-paced agency managing multiple projects for clients who are serving the greater good?
Beaconfire RED is looking for a Digital Project Manager & Strategist who brings:
- Experience as a project manager or team lead on digital projects;
- Problem solving skills and innovative thinking to client conversations to help nonprofit and socially responsible clients maximize digital solutions to fulfill their goals.
We are looking for
- A problem solver who is comfortable taking established technologies and processes and adapting them to their client and project’s needs
- A self-starter who works equally well independently or in collaboration with others
- A master juggler able to keep multiple simultaneous projects and their teams' moving efficiently
- A trusted advisor capable of building long-standing relationships with clients through high quality work and wise counsel
- An unflappable leader who inspires project teams and leads by example
Skills and Experience
The ideal Project Manager will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience leading Web projects with demonstrated experience in:
- Managing teams of 3-10 people on a variety of technical and strategy projects
- Successfully managing scope, timeline and budget
- Client-focused consulting that results in a proven track record of high client satisfaction;
- Experience collaborating with team members to develop project documentation including contracts, requirements and training documents;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications;
- Experience with project management methodologies;
- Proficiency with project management software ranging from Excel (we love our pivot tables at Beaconfire RED) to SmartSheet or MS Project
- Familiarity using Content Management Systems like Drupal, WordPress, or Sitecore.
About Beaconfire RED
At Beaconfire RED we help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act. Our clients include leading organizations such as the truth Campaign, Human Rights Watch, Audubon Society, the Ocean Conservancy and the League of Women Voters.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Beaconfire RED
- The best part is the people you’ll be working with. We are friendly, smart, curious, and focused on solving problems using good design and technology.
- Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + "Torchies" quarterly bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans - Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k and company match
- Culture of Learning: Your own annual training budget, Friday Square tables and more
- Monthly staff events
- Onsite gym
- Oh, and don’t forget - You're working with clients who are making a positive difference in the world.
Send us an email cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements to PM@beaconfire-red.com. Since strong communication skills are so important in this position, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office (we’re located 2 metro-stops across the river in Arlington, VA), and reports to the Director, Project Management.
- This position requires occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in the northeastern corridor.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act.
Our clients include leading organizations such as the Truth Initiative, Ocean Conservancy, Habitat for Humanity, Working America and Human Rights Watch.
Beaconfire RED is a small, privately-held company made up of curious and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community using technology in new and interesting ways, and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire RED, they'll tell you it's the people they work with! Go ahead, ask...