Are you an experienced Web Developer excited to join a team providing solutions to our mission-driven clients? At Beaconfire RED, you will be working closely with team members to implement websites and integrate external applications like email marketing tools, social media sites, and back-end membership and donation systems. Our work also includes mobile sites and applications, blogs, building online communities, and mash-ups of publicly available tools and client data.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience developing for CMS's like Drupal, eZ Publish or WordPress. (If you haven't already been working in Drupal 8 and Symfony, we will teach you.)
- Knowledge of a few back and front end frameworks like Symfony, Angular, or Meteor
- Familiarity using and configuring tools like Apache, Vagrant, Git, Grunt, or SASS
Additional Skills We're Interested In
- Experience creating web-based applications using Facebook APIs, Google APIs, mobile web toolkits or frameworks
- Familiarity with JIRA or other bug tracking tools
- Familiarity with eCRM tools like Blackbaud, Convio or Engaging Networks
To be successful in this role, we're also looking for someone who:
- Has experience working in a consulting or agency environment;
- Is a master juggler with the ability to multitask and support multiple, simultaneous projects and clients;
- Is curious about technology, where it's going, and what it can do.
Why Work at Beaconfire RED?
- Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + "Torchies" quarterly bonus program
- Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
- Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans - Medical, Dental & Vision
- Pet Insurance
- 401k and company match
- Annual professional development budget
- Monthly staff events
- Onsite gym
- You're working on projects for clients who are making a positive difference in the world.
Point us to your best work along with your resume and salary requirements, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
- This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office.
- This position requires occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in the northeastern corridor.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
We help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act.
Our clients include leading organizations such as the Truth Initiative, Union of Concerned Scientists, Working America and Human Rights Watch.
Beaconfire RED is a small, privately-held company made up of curious and creative people who want to serve the nonprofit community using technology in new and interesting ways, and live fulfilled personal lives while we do it. And, if you ask our staff what they like best about working at Beaconfire RED, they'll tell you it's the people they work with! Go ahead, ask...